The most important development events in infants are:
- Six weeks: The infant regards objects in the line of vision, begins to smile, and has head lag when pulled to a sitting position.
- Three months: His head is steady on sitting, and objects are grasped when placed in his hand.
- Six months: Sits with support, transfer and object from hand to hand, and rolls over.
- Nine months: Pulls himself to a standing position, crawls, waves “bye, bye”, and says “”mama” and “dada”.
- One year: The infant walks with his hand held and speaks several words.
(Edited by Dra. Moya Guirao)