Did you know that…..
in a Psychiatric Interview it is very important to inquiry about personal and family histories ?
The physician must ask the patient questions such as :
– Nature of delivery, ages at walking, talking, toilet training, etc.
– Physical or psychic illness in the infancy and childhood.
– Schooling, and achievements.
– Jobs, reasons for changing, adjustments, etc.
– Date of menarche or puberty.
– Sexual interest and practice.
– Marriage, children, compatibility with mate.
– Social relationships, individual interests, moods, habits, etc.
– Parent health, personality and relationship with the patient.
– Family diseases.
All the answers must be recorded in the Clinical History.
(Edited by María Moya Guirao, M.D.)