Topic: Major theories of Sigmund Freud .
1) Structure of the psyche or mind: Conscious, Preconscious and Unconscious.
2) Later created a second scheme psychical: It, Ego and Super-ego.
3) Theory of instincts : Freud initially claimed that exist, the sexual instinct and aggressive instinct. Then Freud talked of the Thanatos (destructive force) and the Eros (life force).
4) Oedipus complex: the child experienced a kind of “love” to her mother and considered, at that time, the father as a rival in the affection and attention of the mother.
The same situation occurs in reverse in girls.
5) The Libido: force that represents the sexual instinct, understood not in genital sense, but in a broader sense.
The development of the libido from birth to adulthood comprises the following phases:
- Oral , until the end of the first year in which libidinal energy is focused in the mouth.
- Anal, until three years or so.
- Phallic , in which the libido moves the phallus and lasts up to five years or less.
- Phase Latency , which seems to be a decrease in libidinal interests.
- Genital libido focuses on the genitals. This last stage lasts from early adolescence to adulthood.
Besides the above, Freud studied the meanning of the dreams, hysterical neurosis, obsessional neurosis, anxiety, phobias, etc.
(Edited by Dra. Moya Guirao)